Friday, January 04, 2008

More Inspiration

You can probably tell that I love Noro Kureyon yarn. Even if I'm knitting in boring stockinet stitch, the color changes in the yarn keep me interested. I spied a very cute, simple cabled shoulder bag at Wild Fiber a few weeks ago. I didn't snap a photo, but I decided to whip one up from memory.

The color combo used in the sample at WF was in the hot pinks, greens, golds category. I decided to use one of my fave colorways, #185....purples, olives, rusts, orange. I did remember that the handle of the bag also formed the sides. I'm done with the knitting. I just have to line the bag and find some faboo buttons for the closure. Inspiration strikes again!
It's supposed to be a rainy weekend in Los Angeles....lots of time for knitting and crocheting. Have a great one!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:23 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooooohhh....Ellen!
I just LOVE this handbag. The colors are great. Cabled bags are all the rage now.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 11:58 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Ooh that's cute, Ellen. Really cute!

 
At 1:27 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

WHOA... when did you do that?!

Love it!

 
At 2:36 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

I always love how you see something and then copy it. I can't figure out construction to save my life so it's fun to watch you do it. Happy new year!

 
At 3:21 PM PST, Blogger Sara said...

If you need a reason for some Noro stash enhancement, Little Knits is having a Kureyon bag sale -- $51 for 10 skeins.

http://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=15

 
At 3:51 PM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Weren't you just talking about making this? Man you are super speedy!

 
At 4:54 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

All hail super duper colorway 185. Your bag is super duper cute in it!

Stay warm and dry....

 
At 6:45 PM PST, Blogger Lulu said...

love the colors..never heard of that yarn..i guess michaels doesnt carry it..lol...
its beautiful..
hope the storm isnt a bad one for us..

 
At 7:14 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

In a word--Faboo!

 
At 8:46 PM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Great bag! It will be fun to see it all finished--you really do good, fast work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery