Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A New Fave Artist

Toby Corbett with his series, "Disruptive Patterns"

Between us, Larry and I come in contact with lots of Los Angeles artists. Larry is constantly being called by galleries to photographically copy paintings for reproduction. We go to lots of gallery shows. I am the curator of the very small gallery at my office. Basically, this gallery is just for employees to view. We try to feature employees' artwork, but many times, I've gone outside the company for artist's work to exhibit.

One of these artists, exhibiting now at my office gallery is Toby Corbett. Toby is a repeat artist for the gallery. I really love his work. Toby's main profession is Production Designer for feature films and television. Some of his jobs as a Production Designer have been Crossing Over with Sean Penn, Harrison Ford; Honeydripper with Danny Glover; Silver City with Chris Cooper, Richard Dreyfuss; The Cooler with William Macy, Alec Baldwin, Maria Bello and more.

"Junkyard" - Acrylic on Canvas by Toby Corbett

"Red Zacalillies" - Acrylic on Canvas by Toby Corbett
Toby has artwork representing many styles. I think this must be because of his influences working in film. He has to accomodate different times, modes and characters in his field. I believe this has shaped Toby's art. You can read all about Toby and his artwork here. His prices are very reasonable. If you are interested in finding out about his artwork, feel free to e-mail him.

"There's A Liar Underneath"

Acrylic on Paper, mounted on Canvas by Toby Corbett

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toby's artwork is very powerful. I love the colors he uses. Thanks for highlighting his work, Ellen.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:59 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo...I really like Toby's work. I must e-mail him about those water lilies!

June
Long Beach

 
At 11:22 AM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Wow. He is terrific! Thanks for the introduction. I'm checking him out soon.

 
At 9:23 PM PST, Anonymous cd replication by anne said...

i love those waterlilies. thanks for posting this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery