Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3 Times a Lady

Cascade 220 Cotto

Yes, I've caught the Rav-Bug. 225 people on Ravelry are knitting the February Lady Sweater. This is an adult-sized version of Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater. I've made at least 2 other top-down sweaters, very similar to this design, hence the title of this post!

I worked on the yoke portion of this sweater during the weekend for World Wide Knit in Public Day. This is a perfect project for knitting with others, because the yoke section is mindless garter stitch with increases for the raglan sleeves every other row. I'm using Cascade 220 Cotto, #9412, which is a black and brown twist, worsted weight; size 10 circs, Addi-Turbo Lace. Almost every piece of clothing I own is either black or brown, so this should be a useful cardigan. So far, I love this sweater! I envision knitting versions of this pattern in many colors and different weight yarns.

Progress

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:15 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Lovely looking yarn. This is sort of inspirational looking;-)

 
At 12:25 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, MX. By "inspirational looking" do you mean the "circle of life" shape of the sweater on the needles, the perfectly squishy garter stitch rows or just the fabulous tweedy color? Are you inspired to knit this sweater? Hope so. It's fab.

 
At 1:03 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

The minute I saw this pattern on Ravelry I thought of you. Which is funny, because Mary sent it to me after seeing you queue it there!

Can't wait to see the FO. Love the tweedy look of the yarn; if I make it, may I steal the colorway for mine, too?

 
At 10:29 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd not come across this cardigan before, but it looks like a really wearable shape. Lovely!

I'm off to add it to my queue now...

 
At 6:24 AM PDT, Blogger ChelleC said...

Hey, Ellen, I made a big carpetbag from that yarn last Fall and I LOVE it. You will look great in that sweater.

BTW, I made your wonderful Blueberry cobbler recipe for Father's Day and my husband and daughter loved it! It got rave reviews.

 
At 8:23 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I have busted into my stash so I too am ready to cast on & join the club. Oh I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery