Tuesday, June 24, 2008

GREAT Party!

On Saturday night, we attended the most faboo party! It was Chris Nichols' annual b-day bash. Chris works at L.A. Magazine, is active with the Modern Committee of the L.A. Conservancy and is an author and man about town. We've known each other for-evah!!!! I met Chris probably 20 years ago when he was a mere student and working part-time for Amy at Future Studio. He's come quite a long way since then.
The party was in a private pullman car at Union Station. Chris and Charlene thought of everything! There were vintage autos near the train; a trumpet player between the tracks; dipped beef sandwiches and salads catered by Philippe's Restaurant; full bar; working barber in the train's barbershop; air-conditioning inside and most guests were dressed per the 1949 invitation.
We received this somewhat cryptic invitation a few weeks ago. Mike at Franklin Avenue describes it quite well here. Pat at Eating LA was also there and wrote a fine review of the event. Who knows what other bloggers I missed among the crowds?!?
It truly was a wonderful event and highly bloggable. Thanks to Chris and Charlene for including us. Happy Birthday, Chris!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 1:17 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

Hey! I was at a party at Union Station on Saturday evening too, just not as swanky as yours. What a coinky dink! We were in a wing just to the left of the entrance. While it was beautiful there, there was no a/c! We all melted together but had a good time.

 
At 3:50 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Wow Ellen! What a fabulous party! Everyone looks fantastic. You have fun friends.

 
At 3:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so neat that everyone in your group dresses up for parties! I really like theme parties too.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 8:02 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I thought we had a deal. I was going to carry your bags and you were going to tip me 25 cents, remember?

lol

Glad you had a great time.

 
At 9:22 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Can I come to L.A. someday and shadow you and Larry around for a few days? Your life is so much more exciting than mine up here in boring Silicon Valley!

 
At 10:58 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for all the comments!

Oh Betty! My life really isn't more exciting than yours. I only write about the main events, not the everyday stuff. Also, I try to be upbeat and positive in my posts.

HOWEVER, anytime you want to shadow us around, let me know...it's fine with us!

 
At 1:13 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

What a wonderful party! From the photos, it looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

 
At 9:50 AM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

I *adore* theme parties, especially when they're done right like the one you attended.

What fun!

 
At 1:52 PM PDT, Blogger Pat Saperstein said...

Great report Ellen! I wish I had room to sample the Philippe's sandwiches but we had already eaten. I did have a killer gin gimlet though.

 
At 9:30 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I love that. It looks to be such a blast!

 
At 12:56 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen!

You have put together the perfect slide show (and I'm not just saying that because you included pics of me). I love that you got shots of the 1949 magazines, train ephemera and the Phillipes' ladies!!

Thanks for the super-cool blog - and see you around town :) Gretchen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery