Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tchotke & Stash Enhancement


Oh! What a birthday I've been having. I've been wined, dined and gifted to the max! It's not quite over yet. My birthday tends to go on for about a week or so. I've photographed just a few of the marvy gifts I've been given in the slide show below. Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful and generous gifts!

On Sunday morning, the actual day of my b-day, we met up with Audrey and Jeff for breakfast at the new Kokomo Cafe. Kokomo was formerly located in the Original Farmers Market. Now they have a beautiful new restaurant a few blocks east at Martel and Beverly Blvd. All of my favorite items are still on the menu, like Eggs Sardou. Audrey and Jeff brought all kinds of faboo gifties with them. Later on that day, we met up with my Mom and Step-Dad at Casa Sanchez on Centinela Ave. in Mar Vista for dinner. What a festive place! There was a full mariachi band with violins and everything! Dancers too. I could tell that this was a special celebration/destination restaurant. The food was great. We had an excellent time.
The next day my cousins, Amie and Carol treated me to lunch at Cafe Ugo in downtown Culver City. Amie creates beautiful jewelry. She gifted me with a lovely pair of carnelian earrings.
All in all, it's been an excellent b-day celebration......so far. The best part is that I'm still on vacation from work! Woo Hoo!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:16 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

OMG, the nesting dolls are adorable.

 
At 5:27 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

The nesting dolls are too cute! Wherever did they find somewhere that personalizes them? What a great gift!

 
At 6:36 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

many happy returns!
thanks for sharing the slideshows of the celebrations!

 
At 7:06 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ellen. It looks like you're have a grand celebration!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 7:52 PM PDT, Blogger Will Pillage For Yarn said...

The nesting dolls are absolutely clever and marvelous! I love them!

Also so happy to read that Kokomo is reopened in another location - they closed at the FM shortly before I stopped working at the Grove, and I was really sad. They make a dandy BLT.

Hippo Birdies Two Ewes!

 
At 8:29 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

All wonderful B-day prezzies but those dolls are just amazing! I love how each one is doing a different creative endeavor and tiny Larry has his camera - perfect!

 
At 9:06 PM PDT, Blogger betty said...

Happy birthday, and party on!

 
At 7:39 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

LOVE the dolls! They're wonderful!

 
At 3:56 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Your dolls are wunderbar. Sooo clever and cute...look at that little uke. Perfect.

Hau`oli la hanau, Ellen!

 
At 12:47 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

TINY LARRY!
hahaha
That's so funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery