Monday, August 11, 2008

Mark This Date

Ready to Work!
Studio-Garage in Background
August 11, 2008. The day construction begins on our new room addition. Yippee! The guys showed up at 8 a.m. to prepare for the foundation. I expect lots of dirt, dust and noise for the next few months, but it will be worth it!
When we're finished we'll have a new bedroom, bathroom, laundry room and CLOSETS!!! Our house was originallly built in 1928. For some reason, people didn't require big closets in those days. I suppose armoires were the style.
Our contractor estimates that he'll be done with the job in three months. Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it. That would make our end-of-construction date November 11th...Veteran's Day. I will salute the construction team and raise the flag in their honor if they're done by then!
Supervisor, Larry
Updates to come.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 3:57 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes Ellen & Larry! I hope it all goes smoothly.

Kisses,
Christine G.

 
At 4:39 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Oh yayyy! But I do hear ya - I live in a 1930's built house that's been converted & rearranged a few times over the decades I think! I have a living room closet that is definitely an add-on (it has a window in it!), the exterior stairs actually go to the neighbor's property, and my slanting ceilings are oddly reminiscent of an attic. Hmmmm.....

I'll be looking forward to seeing pics of the finished work - I suspect either the bathroom or the laundry will have me swooning! Best of luck for smooth sailing!

 
At 5:37 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

WooHoo!
the groundbreaking
I am so excited for you!

 
At 5:39 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Woohoo! Fingers crossed for a smooth process.

 
At 5:42 AM PDT, Blogger justclaire said...

How exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly and according to plan. I can't wait to see photos of the end result!

 
At 6:05 AM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Very exciting! We broke ground June 30, 2006. I won't tell you the expected end date and the actual one. :) I know yours will go smoothly!

 
At 8:26 AM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

Good Luck! Our 3 month construction deadline was missed by only 2 weeks due to rain. (Even I don't expect my construction guys to control the weather! :-))

 
At 10:27 AM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Yippee ki yi aaaaa!

Your yarn is gonna love all that new breathing room.

 
At 10:42 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm so excited for you!! More yarn storage...LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery