Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bainbridge con Arepas

Cafe Bolivar, 18th & Ocean Park, Santa Monica

Last week I met up with my friend Ruth at Cafe Bolivar in Santa Monica. Ruth had admired the Bainbridge scarves I'd made as holiday gifts for a few friends and asked if we could work out a trade. She just HAD to have one! Of course, I would make her one!
Ruth and her new Bainbridge Scarf

Ruth is a fellow estate/garage sale traveler. We have similar aesthetic taste. I told her that I'm mad for costume jewelry, especially scatter pins. Scatter pins are smallish pins that can be worn alone or scattered on a garment together.
We had a divine lunch at Cafe Bolivar.
Tuna Arepa. Mango, Avocado & Goat Cheese Arepa

They make these little sandwiches called "arepas." The muffin-like bread is hot off the griddle and stuffed with different ingredients.
Ham & Cheese Arepa, right

The bread is warm and everything is very fresh. We started out our meal with roasted corn soup.

I must say, it was excellent. Ruth loved her new cowl-like Bainbridge and I love my scatter pins!


Cafe Bolivar, 1741 Ocean Park Blvd., Santa Monica (310) 581-2344

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

those arepas look so delcious! nice exchange! blingbling

 
At 4:23 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pins. Where do you look for your estate sale listings? I love trolling them.

 
At 9:03 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun -- I love Cafe Bolivar -- their tapanade is just divine (not to mention their hot chocolate...)

The Bainbridge scarf is really wonderful and I love your take on the caloriemtry -- turban style looks way cool!

 
At 11:36 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Thank you for the photo... Before moving to Ventura about 25 years ago, I lived at 18th and Bryn Mawr for about 20 years. Nice to see a photo of my old neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery