Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Projects

SWS Bag - Before Felting

SWS Bag, After Felting

I finally felted that little bag that I crocheted out of two skeins of Patons Soy Wool Stripes. I washed it twice and it felted beautifully. It shrunk about 2-1/2 inches, all around. I'm not sure about what sort of straps I'll add...maybe something braided. I may add some button closures or just a snap. I'll wait until it speaks to me.
I've been knitting along on "My Favorite Sweater," inspired by Wendy Bernard's pattern in "Custom Knits." I'm at the point now where there's lots of mindless stockinet stitch....perfect for TV watching. I can't wait to add the ribbing at the bottom and the ribbed button band. I have about 8 more inches to go before starting the ribbing. It fits nicely and I like the shape. I think this will be an excellent everyday sweater.
A couple of weeks ago at the Fairview Knitters meeting, Jamie was de-stashing. I picked up 7-1/2 skeins of this interesting yarn called "Andito." Jamie thinks she may have bought it years ago at our departed and beloved Super Yarn Mart. It's a little scratchy, but I really like the colors. I may just have to knit or crochet yet another purse with this yarn! Have you got any ideas?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:37 PM PDT, Blogger jenna! said...

I'm a sucker for anything felted and the sweater is coming along beautifully. As for the yarn, it screamed MARKET TOTE at me...an open yet sturdy crochet stitch of your chosing on a larger sized hook perhaps. But that's just what it said to me online. You know how that can change in person. :-)

 
At 3:47 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I really like how the SWStripes felted...the colors are great.

Your cable cardigan looks good too.

I think you should definitely crochet another purse with that mystery yarn. The colors are perfect for summer.

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 4:09 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) I had the same immediate reaction as Jenna! -- Definitely a market tote. And since you're such a F/M aficionado, it would be perfect. Or, a summer shawl/wrap/poncho-esque cover-up type item. Cotton + those colors *begs* for open, airy knitting (or crochet).

 
At 4:09 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oh, and the felted bag is gorgeous. But you know that!

 
At 7:36 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I love what you are cooking up. The felt bag is a beaute and I am loving the sweater.

 
At 12:25 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Andito reminds me of a basket, maybe as a catch-all, or to keep a potted plant in.

I really like the felted SWS. I think I may be feeling some inspiration trying to bloom....

mistie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery