Thursday, July 02, 2009

Calendar

It's 4th of July weekend! There's always plenty to do in the Los Angeles area. You can go to any one of the great public fireworks displays around town. There are a few TV marathons happening. I'll be doing a bit of baking in the morning before we head over to Carol's and Thane's house for a BBQ and viewing of fireworks in Inglewood. I'm bringing dessert....lemon cake with warm blueberry sauce and a bunch o' chocolate chip cookies!
On Friday night, my fave place in town, the Original Farmers Market is hosting a music performance by Flat Top Tom and his Jump Cats. My friend, piano player extraordinaire, Steve F'dor is appearing with them. We'll probably go 'cause we loves us some good jump blues while chowing down on Gumbo!
Of course, this is a perfect weekend do to some sewing, knitting or crocheting. I found this pattern online. Yeah, let's all dress up for the holiday!
Maybe a bit of patriotic crochet is in order:

Whatever you decide to do, where sunscreen, plan your trip (including where to park), drink plenty of water and have a blast!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:24 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

There is nothing like having an Uncle Sam wardrobe in the closet. Although I like my hot pants a little hotter. Hot enough to light some sparklers when I walk on by.

 
At 7:17 PM PDT, Blogger Jean said...

Since I live so close to Disneyland - fireworks are not a big deal, they happen almost everynight and I actually look forward to the few nights in winter that they don't happen. Concert looks interesting. I would pay to see you in one of those costumes - too funny!

 
At 8:40 AM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

I'm painting while wearing the majorette costume. So festive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery