Thursday, August 06, 2009

Estate Sales in L.A.

Glendon Avenue Goodies

Larry and I like to frequent estate sales in Los Angeles. Goodness knows we do not NEED any more stuff! Our house and garage are overflowing with "treasures." However, it's always fun to be a looky-loo.
We went to a pre-sale on Tuesday night in West L.A. put on by Now and Again Estate Sales. This sale will be open to the public today, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 3pm. Location: 2142 Glendon Ave., just north of Olympic Blvd., WLA.
I spied some mighty fine goodies at this sale:
Tile Table

Knitted Booties for $1.00!
Cute Apron!

70's Mixing Bowls
We had an old record player / radio like this one!
It only plays 78 rpm records!
Other sales this weekend: Legacy Estates, Saturday and Sunday, 8am - 5pm, 5364 Lewis Road, Agoura Hills, CA.
Past and Present Estate Sales, Friday and Saturday, 9am - 3pm, 4500 Conchita Way, Tarzana.
You can also check out the online Estate Sales L.A. calendar, the Pennysaver and Craigslist.
You never know what you'll find!

My Loot from the Glendon Avenue Sale

I've always wanted one of these telephone tables!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 1:22 PM PDT, Blogger The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What awesome loot!!

It is always hard for me to come home from an Estate Sale or Garage Sale without a bunch of treasures!!

Beth in Austin (relocated blog)

 
At 2:06 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Ooooh. I just love the telephone table. It's so cool. Is that going in your private nook with the poodle dialer?

 
At 2:17 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Ah, I want the Russian nesting dolls.....another thing of my childhood past.

 
At 2:28 PM PDT, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Good score on the amber Corning casserole dish. I always loved that line. I have a soft spot for Corning products.

 
At 2:32 PM PDT, Blogger Kath said...

Love the tile table! I can usually pass on most garage/yard sales, but estate sales are always worth checking out!

 
At 4:11 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Oooh, I love the mixing bowls - which is a prime example of why I should STAY AWAY from these things: I neither cook (or mix) or have a place to put them. But I want them!

I also love the booties, in a very kitschy(sp?) way. PLEASE tell me they were made in here-until-even-the-cockroaches-die acrylic?!

 
At 5:35 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

The telephone table is really in good shape.
What was intended for the long tall box in the middle? It looks big for phone books.
I find I really have to stay away from garage sales - I could buy all sorts of things I already have ...

 
At 5:43 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Lisa R-R!
Yes, the long, tall box area toward the bottom of the phone table is intended for phone books. I'll probably stash my current knit project there!

 
At 9:38 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom had those 1970s bowls. I, on the other hand, am smitten with the primary color Pyrex of an earlier era, in the top photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery