Friday, November 27, 2009

Family, Food, Fun


We had our family Thanksgiving feast at Del Rey Yacht Club yesterday. It was really nice. There's a big dining room at the Club....it was packed. We were in a separate, smaller dining room right near the buffet!!!

The Big Dining Room

The food was great! There were all the usual T-giving choices, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, yams, green beans, grilled vegies, filet of sole, lamb w/ mint jelly. There was a table of beautiful salads.

Our Small Dining Room

THEN, the dessert table was faboo...pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple crisp, fresh berries and more. Wow!
We had around 30 people in our little dining room. My Mom brought beautiful balloons for the tables. Aunt Mae hosted all of us for the evening. She always sets the tables with candies and nuts....just in case there isn't enough FOOD!!! Oy!
I always have fun hangin' with my cousins. It was a wonderful evening. I hope you had a great celebration too! Of course, when we were done with dinner, all of the kids pulled down the balloons and pierced them so they could inhale the helium and run around sounding like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Yeah, that's what family is all about.
More T-Giving 2009 pix here.

We Ate EVERYTHING!
Oh! It's vintage photo Friday! Well, you'll just have to refer to last week's VPF for our family Thanksgiving in 1956. We've add quite a few people to our family in the past 53 years!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:35 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

Looks like fun - and no dishes (that I what I heard about the most at work today). I had a peaceful day and gave myself a manicure & pedicure, everyone loaded me up with leftovers today at work, I was stuffed (a 4th person wanted to give me food as well, but I just had no more room). So I got turkey and the works with no work (tee hee, lucky me).

 
At 8:36 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Looks like a fab dinner at the Yacht Club. No fuss, no muss. But no leftovers. :( We never get leftovers because we eat almost everything out.

 
At 10:54 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ellen!! Love the Alvin voice part the best. I first learned about the magic of helium from one of my cousins. That is what family is all about!

Christine G.

 
At 12:19 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a wonderful time. We all got together on Friday and I did not take one single pictures....duh! I guess I will just have to make up for it at our Christmas gathering.

 
At 4:35 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

What gorgeous kids. Sounds like you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery