Thursday, February 11, 2010

Calendar

Crocheted Cotton Heart Spa Cloth
Tonight, the WeHo SnB is celebrating Valentine's Day with an early party and Valentine Swap! Our intrepid cruise director, Natalie, matched us all up and we've all knit or crocheted scarves or cowls to swap along with other V-Day goodies. I'm really looking forward to it. I wonder who was assigned to knit for me?
Oh my! There are just too many things to do in Los Angeles this weekend. It's Mardi Gras at the Original Farmers Market, Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, President's Day Holiday. There are knit / crochet groups to attend...I don't know what to do first!!!
Mardi Gras at the Original Farmers Market: This is the best Mardi Gras celebration this side of Louisiana! Larry and I have been attending for 20 years. This is the 21st celebration. There are bands playing on Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. Special food will be served at the Gumbo Pot. Beads will be thrown to revelers. It's just a wonderful and magical event! 18 years ago, when Larry and I were married, we postponed our wedding just so it wouldn't interfere with the Farmers Market Mardi Gras!!! Yeah, you right!

Entemann's Coffee Cake,
Doctored Up to Resemble King Cake

Valentine's Day is Sunday....we'll be at the Farmers Market! It's also Chinese New Year. There's a parade and celebrations downtown.
Chinese New Year of the Tiger - 2010
Monday is a day of rest and department store sales. On Tuesday, Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras, there'll be more celebratin' at the Farmers Market and other parties around town. Along with all that, I'll be at the WeHo SnB early Saturday, 10am to noon, probably crocheting a new Mardi Gras Hat. Later in the afternoon, the Fairview Knitters are meeting in Santa Monica.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:46 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

Looks like you have your weekend cut out for you! Sounds like too much fun for me, LOL. One of these days I will have to cross Doheny and make over to the Farmers Market again.

I do hope to see you on Sat at Fairview.

 
At 10:56 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ellen!! did you know you can order authentic new orleans king cakes online??

 
At 11:32 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hey there, Wildblue! Oh yeah...I've ordered kingcakes from Haydell's and many other bakeries in Louisiana in the past. I just wanted the challenge of creating my own kingcake! Also, it's much less expensive!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery