
Are you preparing for Valentine's Day? Are you going out to some fancy-schmancy dinner? Are you making a card for your Sweetie?
I couldn't resist this pattern for a cotton Valentine Doily. It's called "Heart's Desire." I used light pink Reynolds Saucy cotton and a size "G" hook. I'm going to try working this one again with a smaller hook and two colors. It's really a sweet pattern.
I photographed it on three different backgrounds, which gives the pale pink cotton a different cast in each photo!
Last Year's Yarny Love-Fest @ WeHo SnB

NEXT DAY:
OK, I tried the pattern with two different color cotton yarns....pink for the trim, burgundy for the hearts. I don't like it as much as the single color of cotton. This pattern is just too busy to handle two different colors. Back to one color!
I couldn't resist this pattern for a cotton Valentine Doily. It's called "Heart's Desire." I used light pink Reynolds Saucy cotton and a size "G" hook. I'm going to try working this one again with a smaller hook and two colors. It's really a sweet pattern.
I photographed it on three different backgrounds, which gives the pale pink cotton a different cast in each photo!I've been working on a scarf and/or cowl for our second annual WeHo SnB Valentine's Day swap. This is really a fun event. Everyone who wants to participate let's our cruise director, Natalie, know. She matches everyone up. I know who I'm knitting and/or crocheting a scarf or a cowl for, but I do not know who is making one for me! We wrap up our yarny gifts and sometimes include other small V-Day goodies. It's a yarny love-fest! This year's event takes place at the Original Farmers Market, upstairs dining area, 7-9pm on Thursday, February 17th. I can't wait!
Last Year's Yarny Love-Fest @ WeHo SnB
NEXT DAY:
OK, I tried the pattern with two different color cotton yarns....pink for the trim, burgundy for the hearts. I don't like it as much as the single color of cotton. This pattern is just too busy to handle two different colors. Back to one color!

Very pretty Ellen! Thanks for the link to the pattern; I'll have to make up a few of these. :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh, I love anything with hearts. Thank you for the link!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love those heart doilies! I'll have to go on a hunt in my stash for a good cotton.
ReplyDeleteBack to work on my swap scarf!