Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Knittin'

After a quick trip to Crochet-Land for Mom's blue and white pillows, I'm back to sittin' and knittin'. I'm working on the Mitered Cross Squares for an afghan. Yes, we always NEED more afghans in our drafty ol' house!
I do love knitting these squares. Using self-striping yarn keeps it interesting. The two squares on the very left side of the picture are knit with Noro Kureyon (#185) for the cross and the rest of the squares are knit with Bernat Mosaic. The borders are knit in a beige mystery wool. I do rather like the subtle shaded orange square. It reminds me of the Red Cross logo, which makes me feel safe. Hmmm? I may have to knit up a few squares with solid red crosses in the center. What are you knitting and/or crocheting right now?

Left - Noro Kureyon; Right - Bernat Mosaic

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM PDT, Blogger Lisa R-R said...

I am trying to finish knitting some sweater projects that couldn't get done for last winter ...
Then I want to try some glove/mitten projects.
A girl can dream!

 
At 5:01 AM PDT, Blogger Evelyn said...

These are gorgeous -- I love both and I really like the mystery wool borders. As for what's on my needles now, you don't want to know! I'm in the middle of a scalene shawl (nice), a fascinate scarf (pretty), and am about to cast on a test knit cotton top. Oh dear, did I say that I also have a full-time job out of the house, a husband, and two teens? : D

 
At 4:19 PM PDT, Anonymous Suzette said...

Ever since I joined that dishcloth swap, I'm hooked on dishcloths! I've taken a break from the Log Cabin pattern and am now obsessing over the Ball and Band pattern. Very fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery