Friday, June 03, 2011

Stitch in Public

Vintage Photo FridayDoris DayAudrey HepburnElizabeth Taylor
Ingrid Bergman w/Roberto Rossellini

Above are some screen stars of yesteryear, knitting in public!
Next weekend, we'll be celebrating World Wide Stitch in Public Day. I'll be attending two groups. The first one on Saturday, June 11th at the Original Farmers Market, 10am - noon. We'll be in our usual spot in the upstairs dining area. Here's our group in 2009.


Later in the day, I'll be at Clover Park in Santa Monica with the Fairview Library group. Bring your lawn chairs and a blanket, your yarny projects and a treat to share! We always have fun at the park!

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM PDT, Blogger Z said...

Ingrid Bergman and Audrey Hepburn are the only two that look like they are true knitters.

I hate to say this, but Elizabeth Taylor, though very beautiful looks like she's just doing a photo shoot and posing.

And Doris Day, I always thought she was just too good to lie, so maybe she is a knitter and thought that she should look up for this photo in a posing manner, and then hurry up and go back to her knitting.

I don't have a knitting group to hang around with on Knitting In Public Day, so can I just do it wherever I'm at on that day?

 
At 10:54 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Elizabeth Taylor doesn't look like a knitter to me either. I will be knitting in public in Italy. Knitters around the world unite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery