Friday, March 30, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday

Octopus Ride at Pacific Ocean Park, Santa Monica - 1961

It's springtime....almost summer. My childhood thoughts always turned to the beach in Santa Monica at this time of year. Now that I work in Santa Monica, I'm reminded even more often of my youthful hangouts. One of those was Pacific Ocean Park (P.O.P.) on the Pier. There are some amazing vintage photos and the story of the Park here. Really, check out that link!

Flying Dutchman @ P.O.P. - 1961

I have fond memories of birthday parties here with girlfriends, family trips and screaming on the rides with my fearless brother, Ken. It was our very own Disneyland by the sea!

P.O.P. had the coolest modern architecture!
Photos from L.A. Public Library Archives

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:25 AM PDT, Blogger betty said...

That link does have some pretty cool photos. I especially like the Neptune's courtyard.

Speaking of Disneyland, I'll actually be taking a short vacay to Disneyland next week. It's been ages since I've been there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery