Friday, October 12, 2012

Vintage Photo Friday


My brother, Ken with his first kilt and bagpipes.  Ellen in her Japanese Kimono.  October 1957 in the courtyard of our duplex @ 419 South Bedford Drive, Beverly Hills

It's Halloween, 1957, Beverly Hills and surrounding areas.  We love costumes in the Bloom family.  Whenever my parents traveled, they always brought back something to wear from the place they were visiting.  This provided many wonderful Halloween costume opportunities for all of us.  Naturally, my Dad isn't in any of these photos, because he was the photographer.  Thanks, Pop for always making sure you documented our adventures.
My parents were always invited to parties.  Their friends always went out of their way to decorate, serve the most interesting food and have hilarious times that my brother and I heard about the next day when Mom and Dad both had hangovers!
On the left is my Dad's business partner, Paul Kane with his wife, Ida facing him, in western wear.  That's Mom/Roz in the sombrero and serape.  Not sure who the 4-Eyed Explorer in the Pith Helmet is. October 1957
I don't know who any of these people are, but I LOVE their costumes, especially the guy in back dressed like a wealthy matron!  October 1957 at some fabulous mid-century home in Los Angeles.

So much for Kodacolor Prints!  They've faded over the years, but the smiles are still evident!
 
Have you thought about what you're going to wear this Halloween?  I've been working on my costume for the West Hollywood Stitch 'n Witch Party on October 25th.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 2:55 PM PDT, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

I have a Kimono too that my Dad brought back from Japan. I had it for years but don't think I do now :( I myself HATE costume parties. Don't know if it is because I have no imagination or because that is my birthday but either way it is not somethng I enjoy.

Have a great LA weekend!!

 
At 6:33 AM PDT, Blogger Creative Design said...

LOVE these photos. The stories and pics are just as my upbringing was in the midwest. Parties with lots of laughter, the ice clinking in the glasses and a haze of cigarette smoke! I especially love the kilt and pipes as I am half Scottish!

Thanks for a great post,
Sheila

 
At 10:41 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online zolpidem japan - zolpidem generic not working

 
At 3:53 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alprazolam 0.5mg xanax 2mg high - xanax side effects on liver

 
At 4:13 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg valium vs xanax more addictive - valium effects 10mg

 
At 8:45 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online buy diazepam online usa 5mg - buy diazepam online usa no prescription

 
At 9:11 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy ambien no prescription ambien and weed - ambien high pressure

 
At 4:43 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

zolpidem no prescription side effects to zolpidem - zolpidem dosage for insomnia

 
At 11:25 PM PST, Blogger daisy said...

Hi there,
Thank you so much for the post you do and also I like your post, Are you looking for Buy Diazepam Online in the whole USA? We are providing buy diazepam online clonazepam vs diazepam diazepam diazepam 2mg diazepam 5mg diazepam 5mg high diazepam 10 mg diazepam 10mg diazepam 10mg compared to xanax diazepam 10mg high diazepam and alcohol diazepam antidote diazepam brand name diazepam dosage diazepam dosage for sleep diazepam for dogs diazepam for sleep diazepam half life diazepam high diazepam overdose diazepam side effects diazepam valium diazepam vs xanax how long does diazepam stay in your system what is diazepam fast.
Click here for MORE DETAILS......

CONTACT INFORMATION

Email : info@buydiazepamonlinestore.com
Phone Number : +1 805 270-5296

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery