Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Surprisingly Good

It was too hot and muggy to cook last night.  Larry and I just wanted simple food.  We zoomed over to Norm's on La Cienega near Melrose for dinner.  I've always loved the design of this wonderful Armet & Davis coffee shop, built in 1957.   The flashing sign on top of that Space-age roof that looks like the tail-fins of a 1957 Cadillac.....a beautiful sight to behold!  The huge plate glass windows, the orange piping on the avocado upholstered counter stools...yes, that, along with good food is what pulls me into Norm's!
This particular Norms in West Hollywood always has interesting patrons inside....perfect for people-watching during dinner.
Mosaic N on the outside building posts
I ordered the California Cobb Salad, tossed with Italian dressing.  It was fresh, delicious, rather large and chock full of turkey, bacon, bleu cheese, tomatoes, hard-boiled egg. avocado, chives and more!  Larry had the Grilled Salmon dinner which included a bowl of lentil soup and a garden salad.
Cobb Salad
Salmon Entree
With beverages, our meal was under $25.  Silly me, I forgot to print out the $2 off coupon on the Norm's website before going out!  Uh oh.  I may be turning into my Mother.  She loves coupons.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:34 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! I've never been to that one. Perhaps, one day...

 
At 4:35 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I do believe this is the oldest Norm's in the area...1957. I'm sure the menus are the same at all of the restaurants, but this one has that certain '50's vibe....very cool!

 
At 7:50 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love the fin sign and mosaic..and dinner looked pretty good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery