Thursday, December 05, 2013

The Chief on Pico


A couple of weeks ago, as I was driving north on Fairfax Avenue, near Pico Boulevard, I noticed this adobe statue on the traffic island.  The next day, in broad sunlight, I parked at the adjacent Von's Market and investigated.


Above is the story of The Chief.  I've always admired the Southwest Museum on Mt. Washington.  I'm betting that not many people, living near Pico and Fairfax know anything about this Museum or it's vast Native American Indian artifacts collection.  
I salute the Pico Art Coalition, former Mayor Tony and the Little Ethiopia neighborhood.
It will be interesting to see The Chief melt in the winter rains.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:19 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOW THAT IS INSPIRING!

I have fireworks going off in my head.

Have you seen any succulent walls? I noticed one in Marina del Rey and recently saw another article about them. This statue reminds me of that and provokes much thought.

I like it!

:)

 
At 1:50 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

There is a beautiful succulent wall at The Smog Shoppe on So. La Cienega Blvd.! http://marvimon.com/smogshoppe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery