Monday, May 05, 2014

Da Bearss


"Da Bearss" was a sketch on "Saturday Night Live" for a few seasons, depicting Coach Mike Ditka look-a-likes sitting around a sports bar, discussing the team.  Sometimes, hilarity ensued.  I cannot hear the word "bears" without thinking of this sketch!  I am a product of the television generation.



I made my own "Bearss" for my sweet knitting friend, Eve who is due to give birth to twins at any minute!  I attended a baby shower for Eve before we left on our Louisiana adventure.
I am crochet and knit-challenged when it comes to making cute stuffed animals.  All of the fiddly arms and legs drive me nuts.  I really don't like sewing on and stuffing all of those appendages.  I never make everything the same size either.  Argh!  This pattern is perfect for my construction limits.  It's easy to follow and all of the legs and arms come out the correct size.  

"Easy-Peasy Teddy Bear, Crocheted in One Piece"  Pattern here

I was not creative when it came to the yarn color of Da Bearss.  I made a pink one for Baby Girl and a blue one for Baby Boy.  Their faces came out different from each other, due to my "expert" skills at embroidery.  Not.  I added two little jingle bells to each bow-tie for Da Bearss.  This should drive Eve and Ashley crazy in the middle of the night.    All in all, I think Da Bearss are darling.   I will make this pattern again. I might even make some clothes for Da Bearss.  Try it.  I'd love to see your versions!

Mama Eve and Da Bearss

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM PDT, Blogger Pandorra7 said...

Da Bears!!! I remember that. LOL

We love Da Bears - they are adorable! Thank you!
:-D

 
At 7:52 AM PDT, Blogger Pandorra7 said...

Da Bears!!! I remember that. LOL

We love Da Bears - they are adorable! Thank you!
:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery