Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Practicing for the Holidays


Very difficult Christmas Music for Ukulele!

Our ukulele lessons at the office are on hiatus until after the holidays.  Sooooooo, I've extracted some of the most difficult Christmas and holiday music I can find from my uke files and I'm practicing.  Man!  Some of those chord changes are murder (thanks Mel)!
Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, last Christmas

I'm looking forward to two holiday ukulele workshops this month.  The first one is The Ukulele Christmas Orchestra at the Music Center.  This will be my third year participating.  Usually about 300 people show up.  We receive the songs a few days before meet-time so we can practice.  We sit in this huge semi-circle at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion.  

There are many teachers to walk around and help out as we go through the music, bar by bar.  There's also a little rhythm combo to accompany us.  It's so much fun.  Many of the musicians dress festively.  After the two-hour session, the Music Center hosts a dessert and hot chocolate reception for us on the Plaza.

2013 Ukulele Ladies - Angela, Ellen, Natalie, Lilia

The second holiday music workshop is one that our HBO ukulele teacher is teaching at Camera Obscura in Santa Monica.  There are still spots open for this class.  We'll probably learn four songs.  A few of my KnitGrrlz aka Ukulele Ladies will be joining me in both workshops!
So much fun!  Time to practice!
The Los Angeles Music Center

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:34 AM PST, Blogger jamie jamison said...

Sounds like fun!

Have you been to Tuba Christmas? Also one of my regular holiday events.

 
At 10:38 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Jamie!
I have heard of Tuba Christmas. I've never been. Sounds like a perfect gathering!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery