Friday, July 12, 2019

Ninth Year!

Eve and Ellen on sorting and packing day

I really like the Ravelry Annual Dishcloth Swap! This is my ninth year participating. My friend, Eve is the original moderator of this Ravelry group and swap. From Year 1, I assisted Eve in the sorting and packing. After a few years, she made me a co-moderator of the group. It's the most colorful fun that a crocheter can have without actually crocheting and/or knitting! Following are my dishcloth entries for the past nine years.
These are my knitted cloths for this year

Here's how the swap works: You crochet or knit five dishcloths using the exact same pattern. You can change up your colors, so you do not get bored. You mail in your 5 dishcloths with a self-addressed, stamped return envelope. There are many rules about size, cotton content, etc. We send back five different dishcloths to each entrant. It's so much fun receiving 5 new dishcloths in the mail!

What's so special about a handmade cotton dishcloth? Why would I swap a shmatta (rag) with my friends? Because 100% cotton knitted and/or crocheted dish cloths are AWESOME! That's why! Other than the fact that cotton dish cloths are lovely to use, they are reusable and good for the environment. If you use a soft cotton, they are excellent to use for spa cloths on your tender skin. 

If you use an everyday cotton yarn like Sugar & Cream and add some ribs and bumps to your pattern, these cloths make excellent scrubbers for dirty pots and pans. They make outstanding gifts paired with fancy soap. Oh! You can make them using all kinds of PRETTY COLORS. This will cheer up the spot next to your sink, whether it's in the kitchen, laundry room or bathroom!






I usually crochet my dishcloths for the swap. I hadn't knit them in nine years, since 2011, so this year, I decided to knit the cloths and add a simple, single crocheted edge. This basketweave pattern (embiggen photo above) is one of my favorites.
The deadline this year is August 23, 2019. You've got PLENTY of time to whip up five dishcloths and join the swap!  Come on! It's so much fun!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery