Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New Car! New Car!

Official Brochure Photo of Toyota Matrix
Woo Hoo! My brand new Toyota Matrix was delivered this morning to my office door! Double Woo Hoo! I've been driving my Mom's hand-me-down 2000 Honda Accord for a year. The Honda is a nice car...it was lovely of Mom to give it to me. It's just not MY car. I really need a station wagon for all of the canvases, yarn, groceries, etc. that I haul around all the time. Hey Mom, thanks for the down payment on my new Matrix!!!
I will be taking my new car to various locations in beautiful Los Angeles to photograph it very soon. For now, here's how it looked while it was hooked up to the flatbed truck in front of my office building.
Flatbed Truck Driver with Ellen's NEW CAR
Mr. Larry came over for lunch so he could drive it around and ogle all of the features. We discovered that my new car has a sunroof! I didn't even order a sunroof! Woo Hoo, again! Now we can stand up and wave to everyone thru the roof of the car as we cruise Pico Boulevard.
Must buy yarn. Must get busy crocheting new designer headrest covers for Matrix!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 4:03 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am sure you'll look absolutely stunning in the matrix. What color is the interior and do you have glasses to match?

 
At 4:14 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Liz! The interior is a rawther boring two-tone medium and light grey. ALLLL of my eyeglasses go with this color scheme! I do have to personalize this car somehow so I can find it in a crowded parking lot! I'm thinking about granny square headrest covers again...probably multi-colors with grey trim.

 
At 4:53 PM PDT, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Congratulations!

 
At 8:05 PM PDT, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Sweet ride Ellen!

 
At 1:04 AM PDT, Blogger Vanessa said...

Congratulations!
I can't wait to read what you think of it after driving it around for a bit - I've been looking at a used one for myself.

 
At 7:24 AM PDT, Blogger Ana Petrova said...

That is AbFab! The color is great! Drive it in the best of health! Congrats!
Maybe you'll give me a ride sometime.

 
At 10:17 AM PDT, Blogger Annika said...

I love it! I went for a similar car - the Mazda3. I just love that mini-SUV shape. I am thinking of making steering wheel and gearshift covers for mine.

 
At 12:35 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

YAY, NEW CAR!!!!!

I think you should crochet a car cozy for her. Does she have a name yet?

 
At 3:41 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Monkeygurrrrrl....you always make me laugh! I usually do name my cars. In the past I've owned "Tritia Toyota", "Freida Ford", "Buck the Buick" (because the "I" fell off of the BUICK name plate on the trunk), etc. Since this car is a Matrix, I thinking of naming it "Keanu." Whaddya think?

 
At 5:28 PM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Yay! New car smell...mmmmmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery