Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Particularly Nice Evening

Last night we went over to the Farmers Market for our regular Wednesday night L.A. dinner group. We've been meeting the "regulars" for a few years now, just to eat dinner and discuss the events of the week...usually L.A.-centric events. The worlds of music, art, architecture, literature and all things Los Angeles are represented by the participants.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Amy, Stuart, Larry

The group changes all the time, depending on people's schedules. Last night we had a large group consisting of me, Larry, Amy, Stuart, T.K., Robbie, Todd, Catherine, Gary and new guest, Nancy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Robbie, Todd, Catherine, T.K., Gary

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gary, Ellen, Nancy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Robbie, Catherine

I know I've said this before, but there's just something about the Farmers Market that is magical and very European. I can't think of another place in Los Angeles where you have a choice of restaurants and can eat outdoors in a pleasing atmosphere, filled with interesting people. I suppose I should widen my horizons and look for other great places in L.A. to gather. Let me know if there's anyplace that compares to the Original Farmers Market, please.
The group was quite lively last night. Also, for some reason, the Market wasn't that crowded. Maybe the tourists have finally decided to go home. For me, the Market is best in the dead of winter when it's raining. No crowds, easy parking, no lines at the restaurants and you can stay cozy while wearing all of your knitted and crocheted hats, scarves, etc.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:05 PM PDT, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

DUDE. I'm so with you on dead-o-winter thing. Except then its too cold to knit!!!

You guys look like you're having a great time. Discussing Deep Thoughts.

 
At 4:36 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, I was checking out all your friends websites, and was quite startled by the crowing chicken on Amy's! LOL...it woke me up, which is really what I needed!

Isn't it great that they didn't completely destroy the Original Farmer's Market when they made The Grove?!

 
At 9:46 AM PDT, Blogger mj said...

I totally agree with you about the Farmer's Market. I love the atmosphere. Another place I get that feeling is the plaza at LACMA. I used to hang out there just for the people watching. And the jazz in the summer is wonderful. Huntington Library is another place I love to be. I think it's the variety of people with their families and the chance to stroll at a slow pace, taking in the sights that makes all those places special.

mj

 
At 11:11 AM PDT, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I agree with you about the Market. It is one of those amazing LA places that we are lucky to have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery