Sunday, March 02, 2008

San YARNcisco - Day 2

Photobucket
Ooooooo...this is such a yarny town! The weather is crisp and cool...perfect sweater weather! I must say, Larry is being very indulgent and sitting around while I cruise yarn shops! Saturday, we started off our tours of this great City at the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. It was fabulous. What an interesting building, architecturally. The building is entirely clad in copper! There's this huge tower with a fantastic 360 degree view of the City. The art is magnificent. The gift shop had quite a few yarny souveniers.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
After spending all morning in the Park, we hopped a few buses and traveled over to the Mission District, 18th and Sanchez to visit ImagiKnit. This is a must-see shop for yarn enthusiasts. The walls are covered with samples, luscious yarn, patterns and more. Larry found a comfy couch where he could peruse a few books and maps just purchased at the De Young Museum while I investigated this lovely LYS. The owner, Allison, graciously allowed me to take photos.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Allison from ImagiKnit
There are so many fabulous yarns in this place. Everything you can imagine ordering online is here. The prices were reasonable, compared to LYS in Los Angeles. For instance, in L.A., Koigu KPPM at a certain high-end Santa Monica shop known for it's Koigu collection is almost $14 per skein. At ImagiKnit the same yarn was $11 and change. I ended up buying some lovely multi-Malibrigo. I received one skein of this colorway for my b-day and wanted to add to it.
Photobucket
What a Good Guy!
Photobucket

Photobucket
We had many more adventures during the day......that's for another blogpost.
Today is Sunday and we're going to explore Chinatown!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM PST, Blogger Madge said...

Get out. You're blogging from the road. Sounds like you're having a great time - and wow, ImagiKnit looks fantabulous.

Larry gets big points for being such a good sport!

I'm off to stalk your new stash additions on Ravelry....

 
At 9:10 AM PST, Blogger Viva Scrapper! said...

Larry is such a good sport! He needs to tell my boyfriend "The Yarn Shop Won't Hurt You If You Just Stay Calm" Hope you are having a GREAT time in SF! I haven't been in forever....hopefully for the HellsBelles SF Pinewood Derby this year.

 
At 1:15 PM PST, Blogger mj said...

You're making me drool! I'm off to SF on the 20th -- booked my flight and everything. Now to get my sister to yarn crawl...

 
At 3:52 AM PST, Blogger inkberryblue said...

Thankyou for sharing all this woolly goodness!
There's an award for you on my blog, if you'd like it.

 
At 9:32 PM PST, Anonymous michelle imported products said...

I love San Francisco!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery