Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Felted Potholders

Felted Potholders

Once again, I've been inspired by that incredible community of knitters and crocheters on Ravelry. If you're not a member, you really should become one. Even if you don't participate, Ravelry is a wonderful source for patterns and inspiration. Also, I've met so many new "friends" on the Rav...people I would have never connected with otherwise, because they live in the U.K., Tennessee, Maine, New York, Seattle, Brazil, etc.
I was interested in checking out the Potholder Swap. Most of the swappers have crocheted their potholders in kitchen cotton, but there are few made from wool and some that are felted.
Since we were going to Lori's and Rick's for dinner last Friday, I decided to whip up a few for Lori's colorful kitchen. They are in the process of remodeling and I know that there is some apple green Caesar Stone in their future. Perfect! I just happened to have some lime green, orange, red and purple Paton's wool on-hand!
I knit two potholders and crocheted two, all double strand. I ran them through my top-loading washer twice to felt. I really like the thickness of the potholders. I'm definitely going to make some for myself and for gifts!
Crocheted in the round
Knitted, Garter Stitch edges, Stockinet center (a bit of Malabrigo for the stripes)
Knitted, Garter StitchCrocheted Granny Square w/ Flower Center
not great for potholder, but OK for hotpad..too many holes!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:26 PM PDT, Blogger Beth said...

Wow!! Absolutely luv the crochet in the round (is there a place where I can find the pattern??)!! Not that the others aren't just as nice!

 
At 1:27 PM PDT, Blogger susanc said...

These are great! I never would have thought to felt them, but I bet they work really well.

 
At 2:11 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Beth,

For the round, crocheted potholder, I just followed one of the round motif patterns that I found online. Sorry, I don't remember which one. I used a double strand of yarn throughout and a very large crochet hook ("K").

Ellen B.

 
At 10:13 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love these--and no need for backing, right?

 
At 11:52 AM PDT, Anonymous Trish said...

Wow, Villa Italian. Thanks.... We used to eat there about 40 years ago and since we moved down south I've had a heck of a time trying to get my mom to remember that place.

I hope the photos will help. I used to lOVE that pizza.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery