Monday, November 08, 2010

Fiber-A-Rama-A-Go-Go

Newton's Yarns

Wow! We had a fantastic time yesterday at the Torrance Weavers Guild Festival. A bunch of us carpooled to Redondo Beach for lunch, then caravaned over to the Torrance Cultural Center for the Festival. There were lots of vendors, weaving, spinning and felting demos, a fashion show, raffles and more! My photos show the Festival better than words! It was great running into so many friends!

Lori, Julie and Carol shopping!
Kathryn (recently moved back to the Mainland from Catalina Island) Welcome Back!
Kathryn's Photo of Ellen
Lori, the Felt-Hat Elf
Mary Jo and Brenda
Corinna and Melody
Steve & Cathy from Twist, Yarns of Intrigue

Funny thing about Steve and Cathy....I LOVE Cathy's shop in Manhattan Beach. I blogged about Cathy's gem of a shop at the beginning of the year. I didn't know that Steve and Cathy had been a couple since 1973! I grew up with Steve and just saw him last week at my high school reunion! Very small world!
Torrance Caravan Group w/ yarn purchases Front Row, L-R: Mary Jo, Natalie, Carol, Julie, Sarah Back Row: Lori, Lauren, Ellen, Beth
Thanks for shooting our group shot once again, Jamie! Tomorrow I'll show you some of my treasures from the Festival!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:49 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Looks like you all had a great time! You look very stylish Ellen - love your crocheted shawl(is that the right word?) - the color looks so nice on you! :)

 
At 8:02 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks, Susan.
I'm wearing kind of a duster-sweater thingy. I made it with yarn I bought at last year's Fiber Fest!

 
At 4:17 AM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You all look so happy clutching your purchases in that group shot, you can tell it was a fun outing.

 
At 6:26 AM PST, Anonymous Dale said...

Looks like a fun time. Ellen, love your blog... youre very busy....

 
At 12:34 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Fiber festival goodness. Love coming home with so much fluff.

The last picture is telling me I need a hair cut.

 
At 7:08 AM PST, Blogger Lori said...

Oh what fun! Nothing puts a smile on your face quite like holding a new bag (or 3) of yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery