Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Prep?


One week before the big Thanksgiving feast! Are you ready? Did you buy the turkey? Are you researching side-dish recipes? I'm extremely lucky. My Mother and my Aunt host our family Thanksgiving every year. This year all 30 of us will be dining in style at Del Rey Yacht Club in Marina del Rey. It's always a wonderful feast. We reserve a private dining room so that all family members can really talk and the kids can run around.
I do love our family gatherings, but because we eat out, we NEVER have turkey leftovers. In the past, I've roasted a turkey breast and prepared a few sides for our very own post-T-giving feast at home.
Last Year's Meal for Larry and Ellen @ home
Ellen's Pumpkin Ice-Cream, Graham Cracker Crust Pie

There are other options. A few months ago, Larry and I attended "Make: Craft" at Otis Art Institute. I don't know the name of the artist, but this installation made me laugh.

A few other menu options, below.
Yummmm...my childhood fave!

Sugar Cookies that you'll GOBBLE up!

There are some great Thanksgiving meal ideas here! Start planning!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:01 PM PST, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

wow that hat. I'm not sure what to say about it!

 
At 10:11 PM PST, Blogger Kristi Smart Romantic Fantasy Coats and Clothing. said...

Ellen, I have been a fan of the creator of the turkey hat for years! I cant find her etsy store anymore. She is a hoot. Do you know what her site is these days?

 
At 8:31 AM PST, Blogger ChelleC said...

I love that hat! Where's the pattern?

Your turkey dinner last year looks so delish. Is that creamed spinach I see as a side? Yum!!

 
At 10:41 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Chelle! Click on the link below the photo of the turkey hat to see the Etsy shop!

Yup! that's creamed spinach with our turkey dinner last year! I probably added a bit of cream of mushroom soup, sherry and some sour cream to fresh spinach, after it was steamed. Yum!!!

 
At 4:34 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Gobblegobble
gobblegobble

First I am going to whip up that Turkey Head dress and then I am going to make sweet potato pie. Pumpkin too. Yummmmm.

 
At 8:23 AM PST, Blogger Gretchen said...

Ellen - I don't know which is more attractive - the turkey hat or the instant Thanksgiving dinner. Both are VERY appealing! Thanks for posting them :)

 
At 8:46 PM PST, Blogger Glennis said...

Oh My God. The Turkey Hat. Stunning.

Yum Yum - we won't have leftovers this year either, since we're traveling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery