Friday, February 25, 2011

Vintage Photo Friday

Snow covers the grounds of the UCLA campus in Westwood. On the right is Royce Hall. View shows the twin towers of Royce Hall, standing on either side of the entrance-way. Royce Hall was built in 1928-29 and designed by Allison and Allison, Architects. It ws constructed in a northern Italian Romanesque Revival style, inspired by Sant'Ambrogio in Milan (12th century). Photo dated January 15, 1932, L.A. Public Library Archives.

Snow at UCLA!?!! I LOVE this photo. For my out-of-state readers, The University of California, Los Angeles is located in Westwood, West Los Angeles, about 10 miles from Santa Monica beach. It must have been a super cold winter in 1932.

It's cold in Los Angeles. We're expecting a storm this weekend. The rain is coming down in Santa Monica right now and looks like this:I certainly hope it doesn't get cold enough to snow! Have a safe weekend, everyone!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:18 PM PST, Blogger mary said...

I <3 that picture of snow-covered UCLA! Priceless!

 
At 6:05 AM PST, Blogger Jean said...

I have had so many requests for my fingerless mitts and cowls. I knitted a quick cowl for one of the guards at Union Station, so far I've seen her wearing it everyday, poor thing was so cold! Now one of my co-workers offered to trade me a jar of her honey for a pair of fingerless mitts. So much knitting - so little time. I can't recall having this cold of a winter and it has been a perfect opportunity to wear all of my knits! Love the snow photo, wonder if it will snow in Orange County?

 
At 7:47 AM PST, Blogger Norah said...

I was really surprised to hear it snowed in San Francisco! I hope you don't get snow in L.A. This has been a weird winter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery