Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Climbing the Ladder

Linie 106 Flair Yarn comes in lots of color combos...it's sparkly!

Awhile back, Carol brought the Sometimes Sunday Crocheters some beautiful yarn from Bruge, Belgium called Linie 106 Flair. It's a LADDER yarn, meaning that there are side strips to this flat, ribbon-like yarn with sparkly bits like ladder rungs in-between the sides. We all received different colors. Mine has lots of orange and gold in it with black. I've been hanging on to this yarn until I found just the right article to either knit or crochet with it.
On New Year's Eve, Carol and I were at a fantastic party, chatting and this attractive woman walked by us. She was wearing a drapey scarf around her neck with long fringes in this exact yarn!!! The color of her scarf was black, white, tan and brown. It was extremely stunning, with long fringes of the ladder yarn floating down her elegant black dress. You could see the light bulbs go off over our heads. Both Carol and I said, "Aha! That's what we'll make with this yarn!"

I started my triangle scarfy-shawl on New Year's Day! I tried crocheting with it, but it was just too tricky for me.


I got out my number 11 plastic knitting needles and started knitting a triangle, stockinet stitch, increase on the knit side at each end and 2 stitches in the center. I haven't even used one whole skein yet and it's looking good! I'll be saving one entire skein for the long fringe. Thanks, Carol!

Held up to the light, my scarf resembles the photo-collage ceiling
at Canter's Delicatessen!

Ceiling at Canter's!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:08 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Happy New Year to you and Mr. Larry!

I love when that happens and the "light bulb" goes off! :) Your scarf does look like the ceiling at Canter's - very pretty! Can't wait to see it finished with the fringe! :)

 
At 5:24 PM PST, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

My former boss was wearing a necklace made of this yarn one day. She got it at a craft fair. Basically, they made three braids of different lengths and then knotted the ends and added a jewelry thing. It was simple and pretty.

 
At 10:09 PM PST, Blogger Pandorra7 said...

That looks great Ellen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery