Monday, July 09, 2012

Around Town

Last week was a strange one. Having the 4th of July holiday on a Wednesday kinda' threw me off. It felt like we had two Mondays....blah. Having to work the day after the holiday was brutal. I was glad to have the weekend off without any major events.
While driving around town, I try to spot vanity license plates. Sometimes I'm driving, so I illegally snap a photo...sorry for much blurriness. HOWEVER, many times I am totally STOPPED in L.A. traffic and it's easy to get clear photos. LOL.I always try to catch a look at the person driving the car with the vanity plates. "MAXOUT 8" was driven by a super-perfect chick in tennis togs, spotted in Santa Monica. "4BUBKIS" was spotted in a Sherman Oaks shopping center parking lot, driven by a corporate-dressed black guy (?), who I guess speaks Yiddish! Bubkis means "beans" or "nothing" in Yiddish. Maybe his Ford didn't cost him anything? "TORAH" was driven by a very elderly man on Pico near Overland in WLA. He was very slow making that left turn. Oy! "AYE M8Y", translating to "Aye Matey" was spotted on the Santa Monica Freeway, going toward the beach, driven by a young, cute black girl, evidently on her way to her job on a pirate ship at the beach!
I love Los Angeles.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:17 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm retired, and the holiday-in-the-middle of the week thing has me really confused. I have been feeling like every day is Sunday. Your blog is one of my faves---yarn stuff and modern history. What's not to love? I live in Iowa, and in the winter, when we have snow and cold temperatures, it's weird to see where you live. I can't imagine not owning a parka and snow boots.

Brenda.

 
At 10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Brenda!
Thanks for the comment.
Yes, Los Angeles is one of the best places to live regarding the weather! We're very lucky. The warmest thing I own is my mohair sweater!

 
At 9:35 AM PDT, Blogger Damien said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:04 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the vanity license plates. You found some good ones. My all time favorite said EEKABUG. You can guess what model Volkswagen it was on!

Molly

 
At 1:56 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hahahahaha! Molly! That's a good one for a V-Dub!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery