Monday, July 02, 2012

Art Show

L.A. County General-USC Hospital

On Friday we attended this art show at the LAC+USC Medical Village, part of the L.A. County General-/USC Hospital. I hadn't been on the USC Medical Campus in Boyle Heights in over 30 years. This is a very famous group of Art Deco-style buildings, often used in movies and television shows. The original buildings were built in 1927. Larry had never been there and wanted to see this iconic medical campus.


There was a cocktail buffet and light supper on the patio next to the center. We ran into a few artists that we knew. The show was small, but beautifully displayed. Here is a link to some of the pieces in the show.


I was unfamiliar with an artist named Kikki Eder. I particularly enjoyed her painting, "Graffiti and Palm."

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:10 PM PDT, Anonymous Laurene said...

That was Luis' favorite painting too. I guess you have something more in common than your birthdays...

 
At 8:39 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Laurene,
She had one more painting in the show that I loved too. Great artist!!
Us Cancers/Moonchildren stick together!

 
At 8:39 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Hi Laurene,
She had one more painting in the show that I loved too. Great artist!!
Us Cancers/Moonchildren stick together!

 
At 8:05 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliments. I am a local artist living and working in Highland Park. Feel free to "friend" me on Facebook. Best regards, Kikki Eder

 
At 8:24 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for commenting, Kikki! I'm on my way over to FB now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery