Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Red Scarf Project


Yikes!  I forgot all about the Red Scarf Project this year!  I'm going to try and crochet a couple of quick red scarves and mail them before the December 15th deadline!
I've been knitting and/or crocheting scarves for this good cause ever since my friend, photographer, Gail Zucker told me about it in 2009.
Here is a description from the Orphan Foundation of America site: In 2005, OFA launched a unique initiative to warm the hearts (and necks) of college-bound foster youth. We began taking donations of handmade red scarves to put into our Valentine's Day Care Packages. 
Ellen's 2009 Red Scarf Donation
There are other ways to donate besides sending a handmade scarf.  Check out the website
Mail your scarves and donations here:Orphan Foundation of America
The Red Scarf Project
21351 Gentry Drive
Sterling, VA 20166
Ellen's 2011 Red Scarf Donation
 

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM PST, Blogger grandmato7 said...

Is there a pattern for Ellen's red scarf she donated in 2011? I really like it. I am making some scarves for this project this year. Thanks.

 
At 11:55 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

My 2011 Scarf is crocheted with Vanna's Choice worsted weight yarn in Red, Size "K" crochet hook. It's just a basic V-Stitch. You can find the V-stitch pattern here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaupOKNXZY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery