Monday, February 08, 2016

Colorful!

Goblets for Sale at the Madonna Inn

I like a colorful table setting! I've tried to combine different color dishes and goblets for a fresh and cheerful look. 
Our Holiday Dinner Table

Years and years ago when I visited the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo, I was enchanted by the water goblets in their coffee shop. They are heavy and made from pressed glass in a rose design. The glasses used in the restaurant are pink. I discovered that they sell these goblets in their gift shop in various colors and two different finishes, plain and luster. These glasses are quite expensive, but not as expensive as fine crystal. Over the years, I've managed to collect about 10 of them. 
Madonna Inn Goblet

Larry has added to my colorful goblet collection. He was at an estate sale a few years ago and saw some goblets in amber glass and a few more in dark blue. They are a bit shorter than the Madonna Inn glasses, but he bought them for me.
Similar to my  estate sale goblets, but in amber and dark blue

On one of the yarny blogs that I read frequently, I spotted another colorful pressed glass goblet. The blog-writer said they were from the Pioneer Woman Collection at Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Marts are few and far between here in Los Angeles, so on one of our trips to the hinterlands, we stopped into a Wal-Mart and purchased a few of their goblets for considerably less money than the Madonna Inn version. Of course, they're not as FAB, but they'll do for fill-ins.
Pioneer Woman Adeline Embossed Footed Goblets. They are available in teal, purple and clear
OK! They're different sizes and shapes, but I love my stockpile of vibrant goblets!
My Yarny Friends LOVE their water goblets!

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:20 AM PST, Blogger amy said...

Yes! I have a blue luster rose goblet from the Madonna Inn! I took a vacation with my mom to CA some years ago and we stopped there. What a place :) I love all your different colored goblets!

 
At 1:04 AM PST, Blogger blandina said...

Hallo Ellen, you might like this: http://www.mariolucagiusti.com/

 
At 7:22 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the link!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery