Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Kismet!

The minimal exterior of Kismet

I met Suzette in East Hollywood for a belated birthday lunch.  This was a momentous b-day for Suzette, so I wanted to acknowledge it!  We met at Kismet, a Middle Eastern restaurant on Hollywood Boulevard near Vermont. I'd heard good things about this place AND it's across the street from my fave store, art gallery, La Luz de Jesus / Wacko / The Soap Plant.

The exterior and the interior of Kismet is of minimal, clean design. The star here is the food. We ordered two dishes to share, the lemony chicken and pine nut pies with tahini and the eggplant toast with fried shallots, pomegranate, tahini and mint. Both dishes were delicious!  For dessert we shared a divine tres leches pudding with toasted nuts on top. I wish I had photographed everything!
Lemony Chicken & Pine Nut Pies w/ Tahini
I spotted Kathryn Hahn, the title character in HBO's "Mrs. Fletcher" a table away from us. This tells me that Kismet must be a trendy place. When I walked in at noon, the place was empty. It filled up completely within 15 minutes!
I kinneared a photo of actress, Kathryn Hahn

I made this little Beret/Tam O' Shanter hat for Suzette.
The pattern is from Berroco, "Phannie"

After lunch we strolled across the street to see the current exhibit at La Luz de Jesus Gallery. Amy Crehore is the artist we were interested in. She paints lots of ukuleles, monkeys and cats!  It was a small show, but every piece was excellent. 

"The Musician" by Amy Crehore

I left Suzette in the Soap Plant / Wacko portion of the store, shopping for gifts. It was a lovely afternoon!  
Also, thanks for the cute switch-plate, Suzette!
The Cutest Switch Plate!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery