Monday, October 17, 2005

Knit in the City

Saturday was the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research event, Knit in the City at Memorial Park in Pasadena. My crochet friend, Marsha and I zipped up to Pasadena for the festivities. It was a beautiful, sunny day (it’s raining in L.A. today). There were tons of booths highlighting various guilds, shops, manufacturers, etc. We hung out at the Stitches From The Heart booth and the Stitch n’ Bitch table.
There were so many samples of gorgeous knitted and crocheted items: Felted fish (which I call Gefelted Fish), washcloths, scarves, hats, purses, ponchos, shawls, sweaters, baby items. I saw Kathy, the knitting teacher at the Ariel and Will Durant Library in Hollywood, instructing novices on how to knit. We watched the knit and crochet fashion show with items from the various designers and yarn shops. It was a grand day and quite inspirational!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend sent me your blog url, very interesting! Il keep reading. You can visit my blogs at structured settlement annuity progressive slot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery