Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fuzzy Photos

Crocheted Camera made with scrap yarn
I finished the Crocheted Camera for Mr. Larry's b-day this Thursday. Luckily, Larry doesn't read my blog regularly, so it's OK to post the pictures. Larry is a professional photographer, so I tried to add lots of extra "gadgets" on the camera. There's a viewfinder, shutter release, lighting selector, green LCD monitor on the back to see how many pix you've taken, a super-duper lens with focusing capabilities, aperture ring, self-timer/exposure lock button and an adjustable leather strap!
Many thanks to Lady Linoleum for her expertise and artistic advice...she's a pro at crocheting non-wearable (as well as wearable) items. Also, thanks to all of those sites on the net that exhibit and give instructions on making all types of crocheted food (here and here too) and many other items.
Last week at the WeHo SnB while I was working on the Crocheted Camera, Miss Darcy said that a crocheted camera would be sure to take fuzzy photos!!!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:06 PM PST, Blogger Julie said...

Love the camera. Funny you mention crocheted food. I proposed a crocheted food book to a publisher the other day and mentioned your taco!

 
At 9:54 AM PST, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Larry is going to love it! The super-duper lense is cool.
Crochet FOOD! Now you are talking my language. And is it wrong that I felt(ha) hungry while looking at the pictures? I can see it, fiber and flossing all in one bite!

 
At 10:01 AM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wicked cool camera! I can think of a few people that I could gift that to, but I doubt they'd appreciate all the hard work that went into it. Good thing Larry is a smart man.

 
At 12:24 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the camera, you are so creative!

 
At 2:16 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

It is ab fab! Like I told you...I want one. Yep, we're up for a trade time!

 
At 5:53 PM PST, Blogger Sara said...

OMG, it turned out so nicely! You did an awesome job. I'm sure he'll love it (and if he doesn't, you can beat him over the head with it).

 
At 10:19 AM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks to everyone for the good comments about the Crocheted Camera! Larry loved it! He's been 'taking pictures' with it like crazy!!! I'll post later today about it.

 
At 11:27 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

Oh my god! That thing is AMAZING. I can't believe you got it done so quickly. I hope one day you can wrest it away from Larry to show at SnB.

I luv it.

 
At 11:29 AM PST, Blogger carlita dee said...

And hApPY BiRThDaY to Larry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery