Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sunny Day @ SM Swap

Rhoda Shops for Costume Jewelry

Rhoda and I drove out to the Santa Monica Swap Meet this past Saturday. We got there earlier than usual (for us)...around 10am. It was a pleasure being there early...no crowds, unpicked merchandise and breezy sunny weather. Lately, I've been trying to divest myself of large possessions, so my swap, thrift and estate sale shopping has been limited. I try to appease my hunger for weird stuff by photographing it instead of buying it. I took lots of photos on Saturday of some amazing items for sale.
Felted Hat
We like portraits of strangers
Amazing Macaroni & Bean Mosaic

After we exhausted our costume jewelry budget, we went to our fave place for lunch...Baby Blues BBQ on Lincoln. Rho and I always have fun!
BBQ Chicken Sandwich & Sides @ Baby Blues BBQ
John Muir School Swap Meet
First Saturday of Every Month
Lincoln & Pine Street

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like Rhoda chose some gorgeous costume jewelry!!!

Mae
Westwood

 
At 3:51 PM PST, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wait - was the dress form for sale?! I might have to go next month to see if it's still there. Not that I *need* a dress form, I've just always coveted one.

And that bean and mac mosaic is ... something!

 
At 5:10 PM PST, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I need that macaroni and bean mosaic. Maybe I need to start using more legumes in my work...

 
At 5:11 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, Baby Blues. That is hands down my favorite BBQ in LA. They do pulled pork right! And they have Banana Crack. NOM. Sounds like a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery