Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Obsession Continues

I saw this great felted basket on the Granny-Along blog. I love the idea of crocheting a granny square, then after a few rounds, eliminating the increases at the corners so it takes on a bowl shape. I bought some Noro Kureyon at Black Sheep Knittery last weekend to try this pattern. This is my granny bowl, before felting.
Before Felting
I'll let you know how the felting turns out. I'm thinking that the holes created by the granny pattern might leave holes in the basket. I suppose that's OK though, since it won't hold liquid anyway!

I used one skein of Noro Kureyon for a 7-inch basket, before felting.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 12:33 PM PDT, Blogger Madge said...

Good felting! Can't wait to see how your granny bowl turns out.

 
At 2:18 PM PDT, Blogger jillian said...

Lookin' good! I know that granny basket took y ou about 0.148267200 minutes to complete :)

 
At 3:23 PM PDT, Blogger mary said...

I love the granny basket! It'll be so cool to see how it looks felted up too.

 
At 8:00 PM PDT, Blogger mj said...

Bring that bowl tomorrow night!!

 
At 11:05 PM PDT, Blogger mehitabel said...

I feel privileged to have been present at the birth of the granny basket--and I'm with J, you are the speediest damn crocheter I've ever seen! Flying fingers! Oh, and that's my old cell phone there next to your basket--I miss mine but it was eating batteries like chocolate!

 
At 6:37 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen....I love it...will you share the pattern...can you tell I'm a beginner.
Lulu

 
At 10:35 AM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I felted the basket last night and am re-felting today. It's still not dense enough for me!

Lulu...Here's the pattern: Follow any pattern for a standard granny square. Use 100$% wool yarn. After about 4 or 5 rounds, stop increasing on the corners...meaning, do not dc3, ch l, dc3, just dc3. This will make the square turn round and curl up. Keep going until you are almost out of yarn or your bowl is as large as you want it. Do one round of single crochets, fasten off. Throw in washing machine and watch the magic!

 
At 1:18 PM PDT, Blogger Jenn said...

Wow, what a neat idea! Off topic, I used to have the exact same phone. I miss it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery