Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sensory Overload

You'd think, living in beautiful Los Angeles, I would be used to vivid colors, sunshine and gorgeous scenery. After our three-day visit to San Francisco, my visual senses are on overload! What a dazzling, vibrant City! If you check out my extra-long slide show on yesterday's post, you'll see what I mean.

Even though I visted two divine yarn shops, Artfibers and ImagiKnit, I only purchased a few skeins of yarn. I added to my Malabrigo collection at ImagiKnit; the colorway is called "Melilla". It reminds me of parrots. At Artfibers, I purchased some Valparaiso in a beautiful Baby Alpaca - Merino Wool blend, DK weight, shades of olive. I've already started knitting my sleeveless shell, designed by the wonderful Knitwear program at Artfibers. I'm using a basketweave stitch pattern to alleviate stockinette boredom. This will only add to my assortment of works in progress!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:52 AM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

I love the yarns and colors! They are delicious! Can't wait to meet them in person.

 
At 8:56 AM PST, Blogger Leah said...

Hey Ellen, Was also up in SF this weekend. Seeing your pictures, I'm surprised we didn't bumb into eachother! Got some great yarn for a skirt at ArtFibers. Went over to Lacis in Berkeley as well. Also found a great fabric store there, as well as a bead store.
Didn't get to the De Young this time since I was there Thanksgiving. So I missed the fashion exhibit, but at the time they had and incredible teapot and African Bead exhibit.

 
At 10:27 AM PST, Blogger mehitabel said...

Luscious color on the Malabrigo, and the shell in the Valparaiso colorway is going to be fab! You can wear it with a lot of your sweaters, too--it will be a perfect layering piece!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery