Monday, May 19, 2008

The Most Perfect Scarf

I've knit and crocheted hundreds and hundreds of items in the past. I would say that the BEST thing I have created is Carla's Birthday scarf. I used my trusted "Rhoda Scarf" pattern, alternating every two rows with two different colorways of Koigu Yarn, one in orange variegated and one in burnt sienna, solid; size "G" hook. I created a border using a pattern from a Leisure Arts pamphlet in the solid color.
After this piece was blocked, I truly fell in love with it. I must make another one for myself! Again, happy birthday, Carla!

Carla @ Karaoke B-Day Party

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:54 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarf IS lovely, Ellen. I'm sure Carla will enjoy wearing it, once this heat wave is over!

Judy
Bakersfield

 
At 7:22 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. that's the kind of crochet we need to see more of!

marie in florida

mym on Ravelry

 
At 4:11 PM PDT, Blogger inkberryblue said...

It looks beautiful Ellen. I love seeing the different ways your working with this pattern ~ lots of variations on a theme. It's inspiring! Thanks. =]

 
At 12:57 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

You did Carla up good! It was perfect.

 
At 5:14 PM PDT, Blogger carlita dee said...

My scarf looks even better in person!

 
At 6:43 AM PST, Anonymous Service Express said...

You are so talented! What a lovely scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery