Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pumpkin Tea Cozy

This Teapot Needs a Sweater
In one of my many knit groups....the Eastside Knitters...a challenge has been thrown down to knit and/or crochet something decorative for Halloween. Our Mistress of the Darkside, Ms. Madgik, has made some lovely suggestions. A few are: The Bad Juju Doll; Day of the Dead Dolls; the lovely Hallowig; Snowball's Chance in Hell Arm Warmers; Yorick Scarf; Spider Web Doily; the Candy Corn Hat and many more. These are only suggestions to get our creative juices going. We can make whatever we like with the theme of Halloween, Samhain, and the Days of the Dead. We have until November 5th to complete our item.
I've decided to make Frankie Brown's Mistake Rib Tea Cosy (ravelry link) in orange yarn and decorate the top with crocheted leaves and a stem so it will look like a little pumpkin. I've had to ask advice from some of my friends living in the U.K., like Claire and June for proper tea cozy construction. Thank you, ladies for your help! Here's my progress, so far:

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

orange and cozy really do it for me. throw in a pumpkin and Halloween and it's a grand slam. I love it.

 
At 6:05 AM PST, Anonymous betty said...

ooh what a pretty tea pot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery