Thursday, August 27, 2009

Calendar

L*O*V*E this book!
We plan on attending the book signing of Adriene Biondo's and John Eng's book, "Southern California Eats " on Friday from 6-9 at La Luz de Jesus Gallery, Sunset Blvd., east of Vermont Ave., East Hollywood. I just received my copy of the book a few days ago and it's fantastic. Of course, I've known about most of the restaurants detailed in this architectural and cultural tome for awhile. However, the photos representing these places are not the usual views. It's so refreshing to see many of these restaurants from different angles. There's lots of preservation info here too. Buy this book....it's beautifully designed and contains a wealth of information on Googie architecture in Southern California.
Saturday morning, I'll be heading out to Montrose for the Fiber Frolic, hosted by Griffin Dyeworks in Monrovia. Hopefully, the fires in the L.A. mountains above La Crescenta will be put out soon. The air quality in the L.A. basin has been chokeful of late. Luckilly, this yarn dying fest will be inside the La Crescenta Women's Club, away from flying ashes. See photo of January's Fiber Fest above. A few of my friends from the mile-high Idyllwild Stitch 'n Bitch are attending this conference. I hope to meet up with them for lunch and yarn vendor shopping onsite!
I'll be a freeway flyer on Saturday....later that afternoon I'll be heading toward Pacific Palisades Park overlooking the ocean in Santa Monica for a bonus SnB with the Fairview Knitters. Instead of our regular meeting place at the Fairview Branch Library, we're meeting for ocean view knitting from 4-6pm. After braving the hot temps of the San Gabriel Valley, I'm looking forward to relaxing at the park with my Fairview homies, taking in the cool ocean breeze.
Sunday, I plan on going thru my old 45's, 33's and CDs and playing every Ellie Greenwich (pictured above) penned song in my collection. RIP, Ellie.
Stay cool this weekend....pray for rain.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:06 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:38 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

Fiber Frolic...I love the name.

I am heading toward the beach for knits with the Fairview bunch. See you there.

 
At 6:58 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a small world it is. I've known Bjo and John of Griffin Dyeworks since I was a kid. Did the Fiber Frolic happen? The fire's gotten really bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery