Monday, March 01, 2010

I Couldn't Help Myself

All of the new yarn that I purchased a couple of weeks ago is now wound up into neat little cakes and sitting on my dining room table. Last night, as I was walking by the table, I just couldn't help myself. I had to grab that Ravelry Red Malabrigo sock yarn and a crochet hook and start making a shawl. Yes, I have several yarny things started. Yes, I have deadline projects to complete. Yes, I have "start-itis."
With my size "H" crochet hook I started yet another Seraphina Shawl. It's my go-to pattern for quick, lacy and gorgeous. I've made several Seraphina Shawls in different weight yarns. I love the delicate look I get using sock yarn. The Malabrigo yarn is in varying shades of red. The lace pattern looks fantastic in an almost solid color. I'll be keeping this shawl for myself

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:34 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, to be as swift as you with the hooks and needles.

Beautiful shawl!!

Christine G.

 
At 2:37 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Oh Ellen, this is going to be a real beauty!

 
At 2:47 PM PST, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments, Ladies!!
I'm thinking I might add a little red bead at each scalloped point when I finish. It will give the shawl a bit of weight and glitter.

 
At 3:04 PM PST, Anonymous Jo Anne said...

It is beautiful and you are so quick!! I must admit it makes me a bit sick. How do you do it?? I am dying to finish my coat and I think I knit all of 3 rows on the collar last night....someday it will be done.

 
At 4:56 PM PST, Blogger Natalie said...

Love that color! And the Malabrigo sock yarn is yummy. This one is definitely a keeper.

 
At 8:51 PM PST, Blogger Jean said...

I love Malabrigo - just so luxurious! This will be an incredible shawl - Love this (maybe just a little jealous too)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery