Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the Stash

Lion Brand Homespun Yarn, "Harvest"


I have LOTS of yarn in my stash. There's an excellent reason for this. Paraphrasing yarny writer, Stephanie Pearl McPhee....."While I have a full-time job, I'm acquiring yarn. Once I retire, I will not have as much disposable income. So, I'm stashing yarn now for my retirement years."
This makes perfect sense to me. Thank you Stephanie.
I came across this interesting pattern. The cardigan consists of two hexagons sewn together (with a few adjustments). There are a couple of different versions of this pattern on Ravelry. Since I have lots of stash yarn, I decided to give this pattern a try. I've finished half of the cardigan and I really like it! Of course, the yarn that I'm using is in fall colors, so I can't really wear this piece for a few months, unless it gets unseasonably cold this summer in Los Angeles. More photos to come.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM PDT, Blogger Christy T said...

I saw this pattern the other day, too! Isn't it fascinating? Can't wait to see yours :)

 
At 10:23 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG I love this pattern. I might just have to try it out sometime. I can't wait to see yours!

Christine G.

 
At 7:56 PM PDT, Blogger Marsha said...

I've been wanting to try this one out too. I think I see Christmas gifts in your future!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery