Friday, February 11, 2011

Noir Valentine

Heart-shaped box of candy, silver belt and Valentine greetings
found in Eugene H. White's blood-stained car, Los Angeles, 1947.
L.A. Public Library Photo Archive


Such a cheerful little holiday! REALLY, Valentine's Day is just an opportunity for advertisers, restaurants and shops to get your money! This is a day of forced love. I know that my husband loves me almost 365 days of the year. That's quite enough, thank you.
The only tradition that we uphold is the ritual of preparing an artistic card for each other, created by our own hands. The cards shall be revealed on February 15th.
Have a wonderful weekend and get out the paper doilies, water colors, stickers, ribbons and glue!
2010 Valentines here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:24 PM PST, Blogger Beth McDermott Oliver said...

Love the monkey wrench door handle!

 
At 10:38 PM PST, Anonymous Suzy-ette said...

Yes, homemade Valentines are the best! I'm sorry to say I can't make SnB tomorrow. :( Please say hello to everyone and I hope to see you next month.

 
At 11:59 PM PST, Anonymous Twilight said...

I'm with you. I don't like the consumerism of the holiday. Thebes and I don't celebrate it.

 
At 11:26 AM PST, Blogger Marsha said...

I find that most holidays have been hijacked by consumerism and lost their real value. I used to be cross-stitch crazy and made my DH a valentine's card before we were married. He still has it over 15 years later!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery