Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Eggs-actly!

New Year's Eve Deviled Eggs, nesting in a bed of chopped parsley

When there's a party and we are required to bring a treat to share, I like to bring deviled eggs. Almost everyone likes them. This is a recipe that my Mom concocted. Over the years.I've added a couple of ingredients.

Roz's and Ellen's Curried Deviled Eggs

6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Philippe's Hot Mustard
1 Tablespoon Sweet Pickle Relish
1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder (or a bit more, to taste)
Dash Pepper
12 Sun-Dried Tomato Bits (optional)

After the hard-boiled eggs are peeled and cooled, slice them in half, length-wise. Pop out the yolks into a mixing bowl. Set the whites aside, being careful not to tear them. If you have an egg dish, this is an excellent way to serve them.

Mash up the egg yolks. Add mayo, mustard, pickle relish, curry powder and pepper. Mix well. With a small teaspoon, fill the cavity of each halved egg white with the yolk mixture.

For New Year's Eve, I added a bit of sun-dried tomato to the top of each egg for garnish. You could add a bit of caviar or an anchovy too, depending on your taste. Often, I just dust the yolks with a sprinkle of paprika.

Egg Dish-Easter

For this recent party, my egg dish would not hold 24 eggs, so I substituted a 13" x 9" Pyrex dish filled with chopped parsley as a nest for the eggs.

On Halloween, I top each egg with a pimiento-stuffed green olive, then I carefully drizzle lines of ketchup or chili sauce from the "eyeball" out to the whites to resemble festive Halloween-themed bloody eyeballs!


Eggs. They're so versatile!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM PST, Blogger Sharon Marie said...

Looks delicious. Deviled eggs are a favorite here too.

 
At 8:23 PM PST, Anonymous fredde said...

I like you in your tiara with the deviled eggs!!!! must be the theme this month....my recipe was for egg salad....great minds think alike Ellen!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery