Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Project Fever

Newton's Washable Wool

Yes, I know. I have a few other projects started, lingering in their tote bags. Being exposed to so many talented knitters and crocheters, I'm constantly bombarded with interesting ideas, new projects and beautiful yarn. Whenever I see something new, I want to start that project too!
I've had this lovely washable Newton's wool in my stash since last September...almost a year. I bought it at Vogue Knitting Live when the conference was in nearby Century City. Newton's has great yarn at amazing prices. I thought that these two yarns would look harmonious together in a cardigan or a shawl.


I put other projects on the back-burner and started a basic top-down cardigan, using the formula from Wendy Bernard's "Custom Knits" book. Since I have more of the solid green and less of the multi-color yarn, I decided to stripe the yoke portion of the sweater in plain stockinette stitch. The bottom is solid green in the Gull Lace Pattern. I will knit the sleeves in the gull lace pattern too in solid green and then use the rest of the multi-color yarn for the collar, cuffs and button band. I suppose you could call this a modified February Ladiy Sweater. I hope the cardigan is not too busy. I do love these colors for fall.

5 Comments:

At 11:54 AM PDT, Blogger Natalie said...

I love the color combo. Can't wait to see it LIVE!

 
At 12:02 PM PDT, Blogger gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Looks great!

 
At 12:41 PM PDT, Blogger Mia said...

What a beautiful color combination. Love it!

 
At 2:34 PM PDT, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Thanks for the compliments! Time will tell how great it looks!

 
At 7:19 AM PDT, Blogger Patricia said...

I am sure it will be lovely...I love the combination colors. I made the February Lady sweater for my mother about a year ago and she loved it. But I never thought to use a combination of colors. Can't wait to see your finished product!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery