Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Googie Gone

Norm's Restaurant, Santa Monica

I've been hearing rumors that Norm's Restaurant in Santa Monica might be coming down, along with Wertz Bros. Antique Mart next door, at the corner of Lincoln Blvd. and Colorado Ave.  This particular Norm's, probably designed by the architectural firm of Armet, Davis and Newlove looks to have been built in the late '60's.  

The severely remodeled Denny's Restaurant, across the street is definitely slated for demolition.  Blame all of this on the Metro line expansion to Santa Monica.
Yeah, demolish this place...the remodel is awful! IMHO!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that the Metro will be running right past my office in Santa Monica.  I intend on using it.  I'm just sad that Norm's may be coming down.  I know it will be replaced by high-rise apartments and probably a few more restaurants, but it's just not the same.  We need less fast-food places and more good, old-fashioned coffee shops with large parking lots!  Sigh.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:29 PM PST, Blogger susanc said...

Oh no! My SIL and I went to Wertz Bros. and then ate at Norm's last year! Wertz Bros. is, or should I say was, amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery