Friday, January 31, 2014

Vintage Photo Friday

Ringo Starr, George Harrison, Ed Sullivan, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, 1964.

On February 9, 1964 The Beatles appeared on television for the first time in the United States on The Ed Sullivan Show in New York.  This was the beginning of the British Invasion in American pop music.  CBS-TV is making a huge deal about this 50 year anniversary by airing a show recorded a couple of days ago at the L.A. Convention Center to commemorate the date.  Surviving Beatles Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr were in attendance and took the stage.  Many stars sang their renditions of Beatles songs.  It should be a great show.
30 years ago, my good friend Leah gave me a set of salt and pepper shakers commemorating this very same event!!  I took them out of storage the other day.  This is the only Beatles memorabilia that I own, besides the record albums.   I do love the old-fashioned TV set in pink and black.  This is the way the 1980s interpreted the 1960s....pink and glossy.

The Fab Four
"Shake It Up, Baby!"

I remember all of The Beatles' performances on Ed Sullivan.  We were all glued to the TV set on those Sunday nights!  Beatlemania reigned in my life.  I look forward to reliving my pop rock 'n roll youth on February 9th.  Have a wonderful weekend and remember that other TV event is on this Sunday!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hiren's BootCD
hard drive recovery